We started out our weekend with a project.....surprise, I know! If you look in the background you'll see our new/used trampoline we bought for $50 from some friends of ours, reconstructed it and kinda buried into the hillside. It has been a big hit with everyone! My kiddos there on the skid steer think they are just cool beans, which I think so too! Seriously....how cute are they?!

My nephew Noah just chillaxin' in the chair. Emma thinks that he is just the greatest....they both love each other so much. They are always making each other laugh, even if one or the other is tired and grouchy, they can always get each other to smile!

Naturally the kids just "had" to sleep out on the new trampoline! They were all sorts of snuggled and cozied up to one another and they slept really well too.....we had to wake them up in the morning!

I love this picture of Emma, just sitting out in the grass finding all of the little wonders that there are to find in dirt and grass. You can't help by just be awed by the simpleness of it all. It's so easy to forget to "smell the flowers", as they say, or feel the dirt and grass between your fingers and remember that we have a Heavenly Father who created all of this wonderful goodness for us to cherish and enjoy!

Out kickin' and throwin' the old pig skin around.

On Saturday night we headed up to our hill to watch the fireworks around the area. I love going up here....there is always a spectacular light show as the sun goes down across the valley.

This is a great picture, but I really wish all of you could experience this in person.....we have the best sunsets around here....I could take pictures of them every evening and never get tired of them!

All set up and ready to spy the fireworks across the valley. We watched them from Rexburg to Idaho Falls. We heated up some water and made hot chocolate while we were up there to help stay warm....it's been a cool summer! I'm not complaining about that at all! I, personally, have enjoyed the coolness of it all immensely!!

Kristi and Rob and their girls, Megan and Mariah, came up to play with us and enjoy the day.

Grace.....well for one thing, she is NOT shy! She's pretty silly!

Hanging out around the fire as the day comes to an end. There's nothing like a good fire on a summer evening.


This is my Patriotic Brownie that I made in the dutch oven. I actually did one in a 14" oven first, but it made it too thin and I ended up burning it while I was eating my dinner. So I started over, luckily I had enough of the ingredients to do that! I did this one in a 12" oven and it worked out perfectly! I topped it with a cream cheese topping and then put fresh strawberries, raspberries and blackberries on top. It was so yummy!

This is the first time my mom has been on a 4-wheeler in literally decades! And the fact that she took her first ride with Joe of all people was pretty amazing! He was so good with her though, he was careful and didn't go too fast. Way to go Grandma!

We made a few more signs to go around the campsite this weekend. This one Joe really wanted. It's sort of become our slogan of the summer around here. You'll hear Joe say it all the time....You have to work hard so that you can play hard. That is one of the many reasons we love it up here. It gets our family really working with each other and then we get to sit back and enjoy the fruits of our labor. It really has helped us teach our kids the necessities and joys of hard work. That is so important to us! It's been a great weekend once again!
No comments:
Post a Comment