skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Girl's Night Out!
I am really looking forward to tonight! Once a month a bunch of ladies from my ward.....well my old ward since it was split about a month ago....we meet up about 8:30 p.m., after we've settled our families in for the night, and go to Applebee's to have drinks, food and girl talk! I love it. We usually have about 15 ladies there every month, and they are not always the same ones. It is so much fun to get out with other women and just relax and laugh and have a guilt free night out. I know I get caught up in my schedule and even if I do have free time, I don't always call someone or visit someone like I probably should, I am such a homebody most days, but every once in awhile it is so nice to get out without any kids and just get to have an adult conversation! Especially when it's with a bunch of ladies like the group I go with. They are all so fun and nice...most of us have many things in common and you can't get most of us to shut up when we are there. Plus with that many people you end up listening or involved in 2, 3 or more conversations at a time.....it's great! If any of you don't have a group like this, I suggest or INSIST that you get one going. Just pick a time and place....you don't have to go out anywhere, just start at your house and have someone volunteer for the next month. It's so worth it and you really get to know the ladies the live around you so much better. When you go to church you don't really get to much of a chance to just "visit", so take the initiative to meet or get to know some ladies around you better and make some lasting friendships and create a great support group for youself. Everyone needs a shoulder every now and then, and when you have more options the more likely you are to find someone who really understands and can be there for you.
7 comments:
I miss Girl's Night Out! (Even though I only got to go to one!) I need to figure out how to start something like that here...
I have one a grils night. We call it book club. The book is talked about for 10 minute then we girl talk for hours. it is fun different ladies host everymonth and there is always good food and choctlate. I am a homebody two and it is my once a month escape.
I absolutely love GNO as well. I am so glad we get that time. Send me your email address to kilovell@yahoo.com so I can invite you to our blog.
Kim
One of these days, I will come to GNO, but Tuesday nights are SO hard, especially now that I'm in YW's. it does sound like a lot of fun, though. ~krista
I so love going to Girls Night Out. I honestly don't think about anything else while I am there and I also laugh my butt off! Love ya Nikki!
Hi Niki, It is me Kim (your cousin). I think that is a neat thing that you all do. I would love to do something like that.
Hi Niki- you have a cute blog. The pics of your kids are really cute! JT saw them too and still thinks your little girl is the cutest ever. He says hello to you and your fam. How is the new ward? Hope you guys are doing well. We have a blog too. Send me your email address to andesteph@gmail.com and I'll send you an invite. It is fun to see what you're up to!
Post a Comment