Thursday, February 5, 2009

Birthdays and Bedrooms

Okay, so first and foremost I must say a big Happy Birthday to my awsome son Joseph. He is 5 years old today. I cannot believe how fast he has grown up. He is such a joy in our lives. Some days I like to throw him away...but I really don't know what we'd do without him. He is so funny! He loves to bust a move, so this week he started a boys hip-hop dance class and he loves it. It was so much fun to watch him in there. He is such a friendly, loving boy. He will talk to anybody about anything. His eyes just sparkle when he smiles, he just lights up the room being in it. So Happy Birthday to my big guy! It's gonna be quiet today without him around. He got to go to work with his dad for his birthday. He was so excited. He had his toolbox full of tools ready to go last night. He got up and got dressed like his dad...in layers....a shirt, a sweatshirt, a vest, a silk scarf around his neck and his hat on his head. Those two are peas in a pod...I love to see them together.
So yesterday I finallydecided to move the kids around in different bedrooms. Gary and I decided it was time to put the two big girls back together and put Joe and Emma in the same room. It seems like you forget how much stuff you can actually get into a little space. But we were able to wade through it and get it moved around for the most part. This will be nice, especially for the big girls. With this arrangement we can put Joe and Em to bed at 8:00, as usual, and the big girls can go to bed and read for another 30 minutes without worrying about the younger sibling in the room with them. It was so nice last night. I know the girls loved it. Joe and Emma were much quieter than I expected also! But Joe getting to go to work with his dad today probably had a lot to do with that. Well, now I get to finish cleaning the house today, so I can make a cake tomorrow and decorate it Saturday for Joe's little party.

6 comments:

{krista} said...

I just read the primary newsletter and saw it was his birthday and thought, oh I can't wait to see what the cake looks like! I wish I had your talent. Happy Birthday to Joe!!!

Mindy said...

Happy Birthday, Joseph!!

Erin Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday to Joe!! His eyes do sparkle when he smiles! I would love to see his decorated cake, you will need to take pictures!

Memories of the Friendliest Ghost said...

You just completed a big task. Congrats to you. That must of been some work. I speak from experience, I did that a few months ago.

Let me sing a little birthday song to Joe.

Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday to Jo-oe
Happy Birthday to you.

Brandi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE!!! I really can't believe that he is 5!!! It always amazes me how time flies.

Congrats on even attempting such a daunting (sp) task...I hate to do stuff like that, because you know that it is going to be a HUGE mess, and take all day...but the payoff is well worth it!

Can't wait to see the pics of the cake! What is the theme this year? You always are so creative and do such a wonderful job!

nikib4kids said...

This year it all about the Transformers for Joe! The cake will be pretty easy, he just wants his new Transformers on top of the cake. But I will definitely take pics and post them.