Monday, April 12, 2010

Emmalee's Birthday


My baby girl turned 4 years old on February 24th this year. Wow.....I can't believe she's 4! Her birthday was on a Wednesday so that night my Mom, Matt, Amanda and Noah came over. Tasha stopped by for a minute too. As you can see...many of them were all wearing red that day.


Emma and I went shopping the day before for new clothes, so she pretty much knew what she was getting.....CLOTHES!!! Woot! My kids grow WAY too fast. I have the hardest time keeping them in things that fit.


She was so excited to get a couple of new skirts. She wears them both all of the time!

Noah wanted to wear it too! ;-)


I hadn't done any cake for her birthday....I had cookies that I had made and we were just going to have those. Kinda lame, I know. But I was making a big cake for her on Saturday and I didn't want to be caked out. So, I got a phone call from my brother Matt and he told me that Dairy Queens transformers had gone out that afternoon and they were getting rid of their ice cream cakes for 1/2 price so he asked if I wanted him to get one for Emma. I said sure! So Matt and everyone else showed up and we had ice cream cake with princesses on it. Em loved it of course!


We always seem to have a dance performance the week of Emmalee's birthday and this year was no different. That Saturday the kids had their first performance. It's usually a sort of show case for different dance studios in the area and the Rigby High School Dance team. So we went to that to watch Grace and Joe perform and then ran home to get ready for Em's party with her cousins.


Em looking cute in one of her new skirts!



Finally she got some toys!


We were getting ready to sing "Happy Birthday" to Emma when we opened the back door to yell at the boys to come in and this is what we saw! My nephew was stuck in the monkey bars. Silly boy! I had to run out and rescue him!


The girls were all in the house watching silly videos on YouTube.


Silly girls!


Emmalee and her princess castle cake......scaled way down from last year!


Make a wish and blow out the candles baby girl! I hope all of your dreams come true for you!

2 comments:

Jonna said...

That cake is Fabulous!
Happy Birthday little cutie!

Kristi said...

Cute cake!! Looks like you had fun. Nice to see that Nate's kids made it, too.