Thursday, October 22, 2009

Good news for Dad

My dad called me last night to tell me about his scan he had that day. They were checking his lungs to see if the chemo medication he's been on for the last 7 or so weeks has been working or not. When they did the scan they found that it does seem to be working! The cancer hasn't gotten any worse! Some of the nodules had gotten bigger but some of them had actually gotten smaller. The doctor was very pleased with it all. He's keeping dad on the same meds for another 2 months and then they are going to do another scan to check it again and make sure it's still doing what it's supposed to be doing. The Dr. is very hopeful that it will keep the cancer from multiplying so that his body will be given the chance to fight it. I'm so grateful for this news! When he came home from Utah and most of those Dr.s only gave him about 6 months it was devestating! But luckily we have this wonderful Dr. Dixon in Rexburg, ID who never says never. He is an amazing man and such a wonderful answer to so many prayers. I really hope thi medication keeps working the way that it needs to so that my dad is around for many years to come. I love him so much! I want to thank all of you out there who are praying for and thinking about us. I know that God hears each and everyone of us and I just want to say Thank You!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

That is so awesome Niki. I will definitely keep praying for him. :). Hopefully the next 2 months will continue to be successful.

Krisn said...

you should check Suzanne Summers new book out, it's called Knockout and it's about all sorts of cancer and treatments and mis-diagnoses and tests that can be done to see if chemo will work for you and so forth. I saw her on the early show the other day.

I hope that he continues to get better and beat this. I will keep you all in my prayers and thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Oh Nikki! I'm so glad you got good news. Dr Dixon ROCKS! He has kept my dear sweet aunt with us for YEARS longer than was expected. He is a gifted man!

Brooke K said...

So excited and hopeful for your Dad. Tell him we love him and are praying for the best.

Brandi said...

THATS AMAZING NEWS!!! Sometimes working with doctors can be so incredibly frustrating. It is nice to have one that is actually trying you know! I just have to add that I think you dad looks great bald!!!

rockandcookies said...

I am so glad your dad's doing well. I am 100% positive that the smile he has on his face in all of the pictures I see is helping him along. We're fighting cancer in my dad too, and being surrounded by family and love and laughter seems to help a lot and it looks like you guys have TONS of that going on :)