Today I am thankful for our awesome dog Lily! She is such a good dog! She is so good with the kids....especially Joe! (By the way, I just love this picture of Joe....Joe in action, as always...but with Lily close by.....as always!) She is so patient with Joe....when he wants to love her a little too much, or wrestle her down to the ground. She's good about letting him know nicely when she's had enough. But she sure loves her boy! She usually puts him to sleep every night by climbing into bed with him. He cuddles with her and usually tucks her in under his blankets with him and she stays until after she knows he's asleep and then moves to another room.....usually the big girl's room, and sleeps there the rest of the night. I really need to get some pics of them sleeping together......

Lily loves to roll around and scratch. The poor dog has allergies so she usually itches and you'll hear her sneezing every once in awhile. It's kinda funny!

Lily LOVES to go to the farm and run around and play. She loves to chase the 4-wheelers....but those short legs can only go so far so fast.....so she LOVES to ride on the 4-wheeler!

She is such a great dog.....I'm so glad to have her in our family. She's really healed our hearts from our old dog, Bear, passing away 3 years ago. We'd had Bear, a small black lab, for about 8 years when she died. I told Gary that I was not getting another dog for awhile.....it was the first part of October....I told him maybe in the spring/summer we'd look for another one. Well, on the night of the ward Trunk-Or-Treat I ran to the grocery store and there were these adorable, black lab/basset hound puppies! I held her and fell in love and promptly brought her home with me! My husband just laughed and shook his head.....and teased me a little. But I am so glad I did bring her home!
No comments:
Post a Comment